littlelaughalot

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Detox


I've been watching quite a few health programmes lately one of them being "spa of embarrassing illnesses". I love watching all of those kind of things. The one downside to watching these programmes though is that I have been starting to feel pretty guilty about the amount of junk I eat. I absolutely love chocolate, and sweeties and crisps, and I am always looking for something to have with my cup of tea.

With Thomas trying to lose weight as well as having problems with the whole tummy thing, I thought that I would get loads of fruit and veg and think of healthy options for dinners and snacks. I have bought a variety of fruit and have made some fruit salad, which I intend to keep making every couple of days. I've also bought houmous (Thomas loves it!), wholemeal pitta bread, wheatcrisp cracker things that look really good for you, and crackerbread etc....to help with snacking and lunches for Thomas. Baby spinach with some rocket, organic cherry tomatoes and some feta cheese and cucumber drizzled with Carotino Oil (which is really good for you) will make a lovely salad along with dinner or as a lunch.

I'm going to make tomato rice soup, and try to do as much as I can to encourage the two girls to join in to with the new change. Even if we don't manage to change our diets completely, I am pretty confident that we will still see and feel a difference by just changing some things. I got Dayna and Miriam to help me make the fruit salad, to encourage them to eat it later. Dayna will no probs...but Miriam needs more coaxing....but it obviously worked because she was nibbling on everything as we were making it.

I'm really proud of Thomas who has been exercising on the rowing machine each morning before he goes to work and I'm hoping to join him with some other forms of exercise and some yoga, which Thomas used to do....so he'll enjoy that.

So, we are going to give it a shot..and I'll let you know how we get on!

Posted by littlelaughalot :: 4:38 pm :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------