littlelaughalot

Monday, August 27, 2007

Community Co-ordinator Assistant.

This is my job title for my new job. I am currently working two jobs at the moment. I am working my 4 weeks notice at Hamilton Salvation Army and have started work at Bellshill....so life is a wee bit busy and tiring at the moment.

I have been in my new job now for just over a week and I'm really enjoying it. At Bellshill we have a luncheon club on every day from 12-1pm and mainly elderly people come along and for the bargain price of £2, receive a three course meal. I assist the Community Manager and help to get set up and ready for the meals to be served. Most of these folks are lonely and enjoy the company of others who come along, and it's great to know they are getting well fed and for the bargain price of only £10 a week. At night time they only need to think of getting themselves a snack and that's them.

Obviously there is a lot of clearing up, washing and scrubbing involved...but I am enjoying being part of some community work at our church. The only thing I am a bit apprehensive about is when the Community Manager is on holiday, as I will have to go in early and run toddlers, and prepare and make the food and set up and all that stuff. Aaagghh! I'm sure I will manage but it's just the unknown at the moment.

So I am looking forward to having just one job to contend with in a few weeks time, but in the meanwhile, I just have to get on with it!

Posted by littlelaughalot :: 9:00 pm :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------