littlelaughalot

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

After the previous weekend being so busy, I was really looking forward to this weekend. We always have a busy week with so many things on and so the weekends are really precious to us. Nothing had been planned for Friday night or for Saturday, and so I was really looking forward to chilling with the family. I picked Thomas up from the station only to be asked...would I like to hear the bad news or the bad news? Thomas is more than likely to be going back to Philly for not one week...oh no....two! Oh and when would that be...oh yes when we had our anniversary weekend booked! I was absolutely gutted..to be honest I still am...but to have been given such short notice just enraged me....I am expected to just drop all of my plans...really special and worthwhile plans to suit a last minute decision at the workplace. To say the least Friday night was ruined, as was pretty much all of Saturday. Obviously we were both unhappy and the disappointment of it all was pretty much aimed, by me, at Thomas...indirectly of course because it wasn't his fault.

This weekend had been picked due to a particularly heavy period for me between now and May and so being realistic, we may as well forget going away now..I can't see it happening. But to then have Thomas away from two weeks is not particularly cheering me up either.

You see...this was never really in the job description..that was never the way we wanted work life to be for us, but I know that I can get by...but it will be harder because the girls really struggled the last time when it was only for a week, never mind two. I'm the one who has to pacify them...not his work!

So emotions have been running extremely high this weekend, but I'm feeling a bit more settled today. It's awful when you wish you could just have those few days back again to just enjoy and spend together...but they're gone you just can't have them back.....and as my mum reminded me....enjoy every moment together..you never know when it will be your last...and then she reminds me of the chorus of a song I think was written by Gloria Gaither....

"We have this moment to hold in our hands
and to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand;
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come,
But we have this moment today."


Thanks mum...and sorry Thomas....I just hate the thought of being without you.

Posted by littlelaughalot :: 10:15 pm :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------