littlelaughalot

Thursday, October 05, 2006

So so so sooooo nervous!!!

Tonight, tomorrow and all day Saturday...our Senior Band from Bellshill Salvation Army are recording another CD...well actually two more. We released one a year and a half ago and we are now recording another two...one based around musicals...Salvation Army musicals and also some of Andrew Lloyd Webber's...and the other will be a Christmas CD.
I was asked to sing a song on the last CD as was the lovely Gemma Gunn. The experience was nerve racking but absolutely amazing.....I was left on a high for a few days. You would think that I would be a little bit more relaxed this time....but no....my stomach is absolutely churning. To be honest is has been for about the last week. I have so much going on in my life and in my head at the moment that I feel like I am going to take a panic attack!! And just to top it all off my throat is bothering me...perfect timing as always.

We will be recording 2 songs...one for each CD...so tonight I will be doing the Christmas one "Heaven's Child ". So today I have set all my usual things aside and have decided to totally chill out. I watched tv this morning and drank plenty of tea and have just tried to relax as much as possible....don't know if it's working. I'm going to have a nice bath, wash the hair...and spend some time in prayer before I venture out at 4'clock.

My singing has always been for the glory of God....and certainly not for my glory. I love to sing.....but I don't like to mess things up either. I want to give 150%, and I'm scared that my throat won't allow me to do so. So please I would really appreciate your prayers in what to others may seem not very important but to me is incredibly so. On our last CD everyone seemed to really enjoy listening to "Written in Red" and I even heard a few amazing stories about how some man listened to the song on the CD and came back to Christ because of it. This is what the singing's all about. Most times you don't think that it can do anything other than hopefully bring some enjoyment to someone....but playing a small part in bringing someone back into faith is phenomenal! So...no pressure for this one.....eh!!!

I probably won't have time to blog during these next few days but I will try to let you all know how it goes.

Posted by littlelaughalot :: 10:48 am :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------